Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Sheets has found a home

So it appears I'm a little late to the party...

Three Sheets will begin airing on Spike in February.

I first heard about Three Shets from a Beer Thread on an NBA message board.  After that, I started watching it on Hulu.  So far, I'm through the first three seasons of the show.  I like it; the host is entertaining and the content is interesting.  Unfortunately, all of the beer except for some featured in the Belgian episode and a few brewpub exlusives scattered throughout the episodes are pretty blah.  Zane, you travel to the other side of the world and drink a Corona? 

I understand that a reason for this is that the show is meant to expose people to beers they probably haven't heard of that are readily available in the U.S., but if you're going to expose people to the world of beer beyond Bud and MillerCoors you can do a hell of a lot better than Baltika 7, Birra Moretti and Stella Artois.

On top of that, it seems that Drinking Made Easy--a show about American bars, breweries and distilleries that Lampley started while Three Sheets was in limbo--is furthering the idea that America has bad beer.  In my hometown of Milwaukee, Sprecher and Lakefront are the top micros.  Drinking Made Easy--Milwaukee focused on the original breweries in the city: Pabst, Blatz, Schlitz...basically the cheap stuff that gives Milwaukee's micro scene a bad name.

With that said, I'm excited to have Three Sheets back on the air after Brew Masters seems to be on its last legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment