Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Glassware 2--Great Dane Imperial Pint Glass

I'm pretty excited about the second installment of The Glassware.  Last night my dad and I went to The Great Dane Pub in Madison, Wisconsin.  I picked up a new glass:

A Great Dane Imperial Pint Glass

The Great Dane is a brewpub that makes its own beer, but I saw that they also have drinks like Strongbow.  Last night I had a Crop Circle Wheat.  It was a decent wheat beer (duh)--Belgian White.  It had a weird initial flavor

While it won't do me a ton of good to have a 20 ounce glass while I'm working on collecting bottles that have 12 ounces of beer in them, I'm eventually going to wind up buying growlers so I'll definitely have a purpose for it someday.

In the meantime, it'll be in a rotation with the three Milwaukee Panther glasses that I've been alternating while I'm home in Madison.

Phin and I are planning a couple Madison brewery tours before the end of the month, and it's pretty much standard practice to give away a pint glass at the tour, so expect a few more posts about The Glassware.

Let us know about your go-to glasses in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment