Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo (Part 1)

Cinco De Mayo!

What better day than today to get a handful of the Mexican beers in our collection reviewed?  September 27th you say? Shut up, know-it-all!

On my way back from a pretty brutal presentation in my Marketing Management class, I passed my old apartment.  The apartment is located just a couple blocks from a corner store that I remembered having a pretty good selection, so I figured I'd head over and take a look at what was there.

I realize that by now you've probably figured out what beer I'm reviewing and you've come to the conclusion that the corner store didn't have as good of a selection as I remembered.  You would be...incorrect.  The store does have a nice selection of beers, mainly Wisconsin brews and European imports.  However, I didn't have a lot of money on me since I wasn't really planning on buying anything that afternoon.  Due to the date and my wallet, I settled on Tecate.

Tecate is...a cheap adjunct lager.  I knew there was a reason I never bothered buying it before; even at 6.50 for a six pack it's not a particularly good deal, though I can't really complain.  I'm pretty sure the guy gave me a dollar too much change, so I wound up getting them for under a buck apiece.

There's not much flavor to this beer, it's an unoffensive beer that'll give you a buzz after drinking them for awhile.  There's definitely a time and place for a beer like it, but I'd rather have a few better tasting brews with more alcohol.  I give it a C.


Tecate on Beer Advocate
Tecate on RateBeer
Tecate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment