Friday, December 24, 2010

Review: Klisch Pilsner, Lakefront Brewery

With the holidays upon us, I decided to kick the blog off with a Christmas Eve beer review.  I'll be reviewing a local: Lakefront Brewery's Klisch Pilsner.

(picture on the way)

I'm not necessarily your typical beer reviewer.  The first thing that I notice about a beer comes before I even buy it.  Because of the display we're working on, I take notice of the appearance of a bottle first.  In my opinion, Klisch is pretty nice.  It's not the coolest I've ever seen, but I've always liked the look and colors of Lakefront's bottles.   I like the unique art on different styles (as opposed to the standard "company logo with a different color label" that a lot of beers do).

The first thing I do after opening the bottle is pour most of it into the glass.  My pour revealed a medium golden color with a small head.  The head stayed longer than I expected, considering how thin it was.  It didn't leave any noticeable lacing.

The beer smells sweet and light.  The hops give it a slight citrus smell.  My first impression is that it seems like it will be a very nice beer to drink on a hot day.  The first sip confirms this impression.  This beer is lighter than the other Pilsners I've had, but I don't mind it one bit.  It's definitely a beer I could drink a lot of.  It has a fairly light flavor that isn't unpleasant at all.

I would give this beer a B-.  Not bad, but I probably won't be buying it in six packs anytime soon.

Have you had Klisch? Do you agree with my take? Let us know in the comments.

Additional Info:
Klisch on Lakefront Website
Klisch on Beer Advocate
Klisch on Rate Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment